1. Travel entitlement for journeys:-
a. By rail
|Rs. 10,000 and above and those in pay scales of HAG+ and above||AC First class|
|Rs. 7600,Rs. 8700 and Rs8900||AC First class|
|Rs.5400 to Rs.6600||AC Two Tier|
|Rs. 4200,Rs.4600 and Rs.4800||AC Two tier|
|Below Rs.4200||First class/AC Three tier/AC chair car|
b. By sea
|Rs.5400 and above and those in pay scales of HAG+ and above.||Highest class|
|Rs. 4200,Rs.4600 and Rs.4800.||If there be two classes only on the steamer, the lover class|
|Rs.2400 and Rs. 2800.||If there be two classes only on the steamer, the lower class;
If there be three classes, the middle or the second class;
If there be four classes, the third class
|Less than Rs. 2400.||The lowest class|
c. For travel between mainland and A & N Islands by SCI ship
|Rs.5400 and above and those in pay scales of HAG+and above.||Deluxe class|
|Rs. 4200,Rs.4600 and Rs.4800.||First/”A” Cabin Class|
|Rs.2400 and Rs. 2800.||Second/”B” Cabin Class|
|Less than Rs. 2400.||Bunk Class|
d. By road
|Rs. 10,000 and above and those in pay scales of HAG+ and above||Actual fare by any type of public bus, including air-conditioned bus;
At prescribed rates for AC Taxi when the journey is actually performed by AC Taxi;
At prescribed rates for auto rickshaw for journeys by auto rickshaw, own scooter/motor cycle, moped, etc.
|Rs. 5400, Rs.6600, Rs.7600, Rs.8700 and Rs. 8900.||Same as at (i) above with the exception that journeys by AC Taxi will not be permissible|
|Rs.4200, Rs.4600 and Rs. 4800.||Same as at (ii) above|
|Rs. 2400 and above but less than Rs. 4200.||Actual fare by any type of public bus other than air – conditioned|
|Below Rs. 2400.||Actual fare by ordinary public bus only;
At prescribed rates for auto rickshaw, own scooter/motor cycle/moped, etc
e. In places where prescribed rates not available
|For journeys performed in own Car/Taxi||Rs. 16 per km|
|For journeys performed by Auto-rickshaw/ own Scooter||Rs. 8 per km|
f. By air
|Rs.10,000 and above and those in pay scales of HAG+ and above.||Business/club Class.|
|Rs.5400, Rs. 6600, Rs. 7,600, Rs. 8,700 and Rs. 8,900.||Economy Class.|
2. Entitlements on Permanent Transfer/Retirement:
- Composite Transfer Grant (CTG) equal to one month’s pay (Basic + Grade Pay).
- If transfer is at the same station at a distance of less than 20 kms, 1/3rd of CTG is admissible subject to change of residence.
- No composite transfer grant is admissible if change of residence is not involved.
- Carriage of personal effects on Transfer:
|Grade Pay||By Train/Steamer||X and Y class cities||Z class cities|
|Officers drawing grade pay of Rs. 7600 and above and those in pay scale HAG+ and above.||6,000 kgs by goods train/4 wheeler wagon/1 double container||Rs. 30.00||Rs.18.00|
|Officers drawing grade pay Rs.4,200, Rs.4,600 Rs. 4,800 Rs. 5,400 and Rs. 6,600||6,000 kgs. By goods train/4 wheeler wagon/ 1 single container||Rs.30.00||Rs.18.00|
|Officers drawing grade pay of Rs. 2,800||3,000 kgs.||Rs.15.00||Rs. 9.00|
|Officers drawing grade pay below Rs. 2,800||1,500 kgs.||Rs.7.50||Rs.4.60|
Note: - These rates shall automatically increase by 25% whenever the Dearness Allowance payable on the revised pay structure goes up by 50%.
g. Travel entitlements for journeys by road on transfer:
- Between places connected by rail – Road mileage, limited to rail mileage by the entitled class.
- Between places connected by road only;
- For journeys in full taxi – Road mileage at prescribed rates as under notwithstanding how the Government servant and members of his family traveled;
- For Self - One road mileage
- For one additional member of family – Nil
- For two additional member of family – One additional road mileage.
- For more than two additional members of family - Two additional road mileage.
- For journey by bus - Actual bus fare for self and each member of family
h. Journeys by rail/steamer/air on transfer: Entitlements are same as Para 3 above.
i. Transportation of conveyance on transfer:
|Officers drawing grade pay of Rs.4200 and above and those in pay scales of HAG+ and above.||One motor car, etc or one motor cycle/scooter or one horse.|
|Officers drawing grade pay less than Rs. 4200||One motor cycle/scooter/ moped or one bicycle.|
2. Entitlements on Temporary Duty:
a. Old rates of Daily Allowances:-
|OLD PAY||REVISED PAY||X-CLASS CITIES||Y-CLASS CITIES||Z-CLASS CITIES|
|16400 and above||30500 and above||260||650||170||425||135||335|
|8000 to 16399||15000 to 30500||230||505||150||330||120||225|
|6500 to 7999||12500 to 15000||200||380||130||250||105||200|
|4100 to 6499||8000 to 12500||170||245||110||160||90||130|
|Below 4100||Below 8000||105||125||70||85||55||65|
b. Rates of Daily Allowances (w.e.f. 01/09/08):-
|Officers drawing grade pay of Rs. 10,000 and above and those in pay scales of HAG+ and above.||Reimbursement for hotel accommodation/guest house of upto Rs. 5000/- per day, reimbursement of AC Taxi charges of up to 50 kms for travel within the city and reimbursement of food bills not exceeding Rs.500 per day.|
|Officers drawing grade pay of Rs. 7600 to Rs. 8900||Reimbursement for hotel accommodation/guest house of upto Rs. 3000/- per day and reimbursement of non AC Taxi charges up to 50 KM per diem for travel within the city and reimbursement of food bills not exceeding Rs.300 per day.|
|Officers drawing grade pay of Rs.5400 to Rs.6600||Reimbursement for hotel accommodation/guest house of up to Rs. 1500/- per day and reimbursement of Taxi charges up to Rs. 150 per diem for travel within the city and reimbursement of food bills not exceeding Rs.200 per day.|
|Officers drawing grade pay of Rs.4200 to Rs.4800||Reimbursement for hotel accommodation/guest house of up to Rs. 500/- per day and reimbursement of Taxi charges up to Rs. 100 per diem for travel within the city and reimbursement of food bills not exceeding Rs.150 per day.|
|Officers drawing grade pay below Rs. 4200||Reimbursement for hotel accommodation/guest house of up to Rs. 300/- per day and reimbursement of Taxi charges upto Rs. 50 per diem for travel within the city and reimbursement of food bills not exceeding Rs.100 per day.|
c. Basis for D.A calculation:-
- Absence from headquarters on calendar day basis from midnight to midnight.
- Absence not exceeding 6 hours - nil.
- Absence exceeding 6 hours but not exceeding 12 hours - 70%.
- Absence exceeding 12 hours - 100%.
d. Other norms for calculation of DA:-
- The T.A/ D.A rates (mileage for road journey by taxi/own car/auto rickshaw/ own scooter/bicycle, etc), all components of daily allowance including rate of DA for journey on foot and rates of transportation of personal effects shall automatically increase by 25% whenever dearness Allowance payable on the revised pay structure goes up by 50%.
- For local journey, DA is only at half the rate.
- For enforced halts en route treated as duty, due to breakdown of communications caused by flood, rain, etc., DA is admissible.
- DA is admissible for period of absence at tour station regularized as special casual leave due to disturbances, imposition of curfew, etc SR 51, GOI.
- No DA for Sundays and Holidays unless the employee is actually and not merely constructively on camp. No DA for leave and restricted holidays availed while on tour.-SR 72, GOI (1).
- Full DA is admissible for the first 180 days of continuous halt at a station on tour / temporary transfer /training. No DA beyond 180 days -SR73, GOI (1).
- Tour ends on return to headquarters. If a second journey commences on the same day on which an official returns from tour, each tour may be calculated separately but the total DA for a day should be limited to one -SR 71, GIO (1).
3. Entitlement to travel by rail/road/air/sea on LTC
Same as Para 3 above.
Note: Officials who are entitled to travel by air have to travel by economy class irrespective of
(Authority: G.I.,Dept. of Per. & Trg., O.M.No. 31011/2/2006-Estt.(A) dated 9th September 2009 and L.I., O.M.No. 7(1)/E.Co-ord./2009 dated 22nd March,2010.)